At times while installing McAfee or McAfee products, we may face some errors. It may be due to incomplete installation or some kind of corruption in the software. This can hamper our work and the system can also become prone to threats during online surfing. The void the situation McAfee Pre-install tool has come to the rescue that cleans up some temporary files that may hinder the installation process. It prepares your computer for the installation of McAfee software.
The minimum requirement for downloading a pre-install tool is TS102471. You also have to ensure that your system is up-to-date, this helps in the smooth installation process.
To install the McAfee antivirus pre-install tool on your device using walk in through the easy-to-follow steps:
- Before you start uninstalling McAfee antivirus make sure that you save all your open files and close all the programs, also bookmark the articles so that you can easily revert to them.
- Launch the Windows start menu by clicking on the ‘Start’ button in the taskbar, and typing Windows Update in the search box. Press ‘Enter’ and click ‘Check for updates. Follow the subsequent steps and the windows will download the latest updates available.
- It prepares the computer for the installation process.
- Next, download and run the McAffee preinstall tool. Save the file to the location where you can find it later. Double click the pre-install tool.EXE, read the message on the instructions and click okay to agree. After the completion of the pre-install tool, click okay, click close and restart your device.
- After the completion of these processes, the next step is to uninstall the previous security software if it exists. To uninstall this, the safest way is to use MCPR Tool. This removal tool is an official tool which is provided by McAfee company. This removal tool uninstalls McAfee antivirus and its other products completely from the device and does not show any error while removing.
Before you start uninstalling McAfee antivirus make sure that you save all your open files and close all the programs, also bookmark the articles so that you can easily revert to them.
- Visit service.mcaffee.com site
- Search for TS1011331 and open. Scroll down the page and click the link for the MCPR tool.
- From there, download and run the MCPR tool
- Double click to run MCPR Tool and then click next
- Agree and follow the prompts